Date: 27–30 November 2023
Type: In-person and online
Mediterranean Geosciences Union (MedGU) aims to create a unique federation that brings together and represents the Mediterranean geoscience community specializing in the areas of Earth, planetary and space sciences.
MedGU will be structured along the lines of AGU (American Geophysical Union) and EGU (European Geosciences Union).
The plan is to establish a large organization for the Mediterranean region that is more influential than any one local geoscience society with the objective of fostering fundamental geoscience research, as well as applied research that addresses key societal and environmental challenges.
Nabil Khélifi (MedGU Founder, Germany) and Attila Çiner (MedGU Interim President, Turkey) have taken an ambitious approach to the launch of the third MedGU 3rd Annual Meeting 2023 and hope to develop it the near future into the largest international geoscience event in the Mediterranean and the broader MENA region. Its mission is to support geoscientists based in this region by establishing a Global Geoscience Congress.
- Deadline for abstract submission (1 page / max. 350 words):
30 June 202331 July 2023
- Notification of acceptance to present (in-person or virtually) at the MedGU-23: 02 August 2023
- Deadline for submitting a revised abstract (1 page / max. 350 words): 05 August 2023
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of revised abstracts: 07 August 2023
- Opening of online registration to attend (audience), present/publish or to publish only at the MedGU-23 (authors of accepted abstracts only): 07 August 2023
- Invitation to submit (optional) an extended abstract (based on the accepted short abstract), i.e. a short proceedings paper (5 pages using this Template): 02 – 07 August 2023
- Deadline for submission of extended abstracts (short proceedings papers): 02 October 2023
- Final Notification of acceptance to publish in the proceedings: 31 October 2023
- Signature of the Springer Consent-to-Publish Form: 31 December 2023
- Submission to Springer of the proceedings after English revision (free-of-charge) of accepted papers: 31 January 2024
- Typesetting, proofreading, corrections and production of the MedGU proceedings by Springer: 31 January – 30 April 2024
- Online publication of the proceedings in the Springer ASTI Book Series (indexed in Scopus): 01 May 2024
- Deadline for online registration to attend, present or to publish only at the MedGU-23: 30 September 2023
- Deadline for payment as confirmation of participation to attend, present or to publish only (see payment rates on Registration): 10 October 2023
- Pre-conference field trip: 25 - 26 November 2023
- Conference days: 7 - 30 November 2023
- Post-conference field trip: 30 November – 04 December 2023
- Invitation (after the conference) to submit in the special issues: 10 December 2023
- Deadline to submit the full paper to the special issues (see partner journals on Publications): 31 March 2024
- Publication of the full special issues (however, papers will appear online as soon as accepted): 31 December 2024
For detailed author guidelines, please visit the website: https://medgu.org/index.php?p=author-guidelines
To submit a paper, go to the submission form: https://www.performer2023.medgu.org/author/login
Registration fees are structured according to on-site and publication/ virtual attendance with publication and publication only.
See the website for all details: https://medgu.org/index.php?p=registration