The Faculty of Geosciences and Environment of the University of Lausanne, the Musée Cantonal de Géologie and the Platform Geosciences of the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT) cordially invite you to participate in the 20th Swiss Geoscience Meeting.
Date: 18-20 November 2022
Venue: Rumine, Geological Museum & Geopolis, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Friday, 18 November:
In the afternoon, a series of Invited keynote lectures will be held on this year’s Plenary Session topic: “Resilience and Transitions in Geosciences”, that will explore transitions and resilience at a range of spatial and temporal scales, from geological tipping points to the link between social, economic and natural systems and implications for management and policy.
In the morning, the now traditional Workshop on Geoscience Diversity and Equality in Switzerland will be organised by https://geodeswitzerland.ch
Saturday, 19 November:
27 scientific symposia (see below) will cover the diverse spectrum of current research in geosciences, encompassing the lithosphere, the hydrosphere, the cryosphere, the biosphere, the atmosphere and the anthroposphere.
Sunday, 20 November:
A tribute symposium in honour of Karl Föllmi, Johannes Hunziker and Albrecht Steck on Alpine-Himalayan Geology will take place on that day.
Deadline for abstract submission is Wednesday, 31 August 2022.
Depending on the number and subject of abstracts submitted, proposed sessions may be canceled, merged or new ones created. Abstracts will be initially assigned to the session indicated by the authors at the time of abstract submission.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically until the deadline following the instructions on the SGM2022 website
Deadline for registration is Friday, 21 October 2022.
Registration and Payments must be made electronically following the instructions on the SGM2022 website.
Registrations will open at a later date. Please check in on the website regularly.
Symposia at SGM 2022
- Structural Geology, Tectonics and Geodynamics
- Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry
- Stable and radiogenic isotope geochemistry
- Environmental Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements
- Stratigraphy and Sedimentology: processes and deposits through time
- Seismic Hazard and Risk in Switzerland: From Science to Mitigation
- Deep geothermal energy, CO2-storage and energy-related exploration of the subsurface.
- Scientific Drilling Through Time and Space: On Land and Under the Sea
- Quaternary environments: landscapes, climate, ecosystems and human activity during the past 2.6 million years
- Soil: Formation, Processes, and Conservation
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology
- Limnology in Switzerland
- Cryospheric Sciences
- Atmospheric Composition and Biosphere-Atmosphere Interactions
- Tackling the Climate Crisis: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Climate Change Education and Communication
- Earth Observation and Remote Sensing
- Geoscience and Geoinformation – From data acquisition to modelling and visualisation
- Spatial data science: extracting knowledge from geo-environmental data
- Virtual Representation of Forests: Methods and Applications
- Alpine Hazards: Early Detection, Monitoring, Warning, Modelling, Mitigation
- Human Geographies: Materials, Natures, Politics
- Human Geographies: Bodies, Cultures, Societies
- Human Geographies: Cities, Regions, Economies
- Global change and sustainability issues in mountain areas
Visit the website to read more about the symposia sessions: https://geoscience-meeting.ch/sgm2022/program/symposia_description/
Don't forget, that young researchers can apply for several prizes and awards !