Date: 11-20 July 2023
Location: CityCube in Berlin, Germany
International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG) is a non-governmental, scientific organization, established in 1919.
IUGG is one of the 40 scientific Unions and Associations presently grouped within the International Science Council (ISC).
IUGG is dedicated to the international promotion and coordination of scientific studies of Earth (physical, chemical, and mathematical) and its environment in space. These studies include the shape of the Earth, its gravitational and magnetic fields, the dynamics of the Earth as a whole and of its component parts, the Earth’s internal structure, composition and tectonics, earthquakes and elastic wave propagation, the generation of magmas, volcanism and rock formation, the hydrological cycle including snow and ice, all aspects of the oceans, the atmosphere, ionosphere, magnetosphere and solar-terrestrial relations, and analogous problems associated with the Moon and other planets.IUGG encourages the application of this knowledge to societal needs, such as mineral resources, mitigation of natural hazards and environmental preservation.
The 28th General Assembly
The 28th IUGG General Assembly will be held 11-20 July 2023 at the Messe Berlin – City Cube, Berlin, Germany. This is a special opportunity for participants from around the world to come together and share their science and culture. Join us for a host of scientific activities, including special public lectures, keynote Union lectures and a wide variety of themed sessions.
All participants must create an account and register via the Online Registration Form.
Please read the instructions carefully. Please also consider using a personal email account if your work email is connected to an institute with high security and privacy settings as the email may be transferred to junk folders.
Each participant will receive a registration number by email after submitting the Online Registration Form. The preferred method of payment is online card payment. As for payments completed by bank transfer, please proceed with the payment transfer only after receiving your registration number.
For any questions you may have relating to registration please do not hesitate to contact the IUGG 2023 Secretariat at email@example.com
For more details on registration, including registration fees, visit the website: https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/registration-guidelines/
General & Deadlines
- Abstracts MUST be submitted via the online submission system by the given deadline of 14 February 2023
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Symposia Conveners and will be selected for oral or poster presentations. The preference for oral/poster presentation may be indicated while submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts can be amended any time until the deadline of 14 February 2023 through the abstract submission system.
- Abstracts received after the deadline cannot be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
- It is commonly understood that Authors of accepted papers have the financial resources to pay all personal expenses incurred including assembly registration, production of their presentation, travel and accommodation during the Conference.
- The exceptions are the IUGG travel grant awardees, who will get a partial financial support to attend the IUGG General Assembly (see IUGG GRANT APPLICATION).
- Each submitter and the presenting author will be notified about the abstract acceptance/rejection via e-mail by 17 March 2023.
- All accepted abstracts will then be assigned a DOI.
- All authors are required to register by 6 April 2023 to be included in the final program.
- A confirmation of acceptance notification and a paid-up abstract submission administrative fee will be required in order to have the abstract published in the 28th General Assembly Abstract book. Should the author not follow either of these, the organizer reserves the right not to include the author’s work in the Abstract book.
Visit the website for further information: https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/abstract-submission/
For further information, please visit the IUGG website: https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/