SCAR Open Science Conference 2024: "Antarctic Science: Crossroads for a New Hope"
Date: 19-23 August 2024
Location: Pucón, Chile
The SCAR Open Science Conference (SCAR OSC) stands as the foremost global platform for Antarctic science. It unites hundreds of researchers and other stakeholders who showcase cutting-edge advancements, shaping the trajectory of polar knowledge. The conference focuses not only on advancing our understanding of Antarctica but also on discussing its interface with critical issues like the climate crisis and its global impacts.
The conference comprises of a diverse programme featuring plenary lectures, mini-symposia, parallel sessions, panel discussions, posters, and various social and excursion opportunities in Pucón and its surroundings. The conference is planned as an in-person conference with limited hybrid facilities.
Parallel Sessions are divided into the following categories: Physical Sciences, Geosciences, Life Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Cross-disciplinary.
> See all parallell session: https://www.scar2024.org/programme/parallel/
> See all workshops: https://www.scar2024.org/programme/workshops/
Abstract submission deadline: 4 March 2024 (23:59 UTC)
Workshop proposals deadline: 29 February 2024
- You may submit as many abstracts as you like.
- Make sure to read the submission guidelines before starting the submission process
- Before entering your abstract, you will be asked to choose a session.
- Read through the session descriptions to find the best match.
- The final set of parallel sessions in the programme will be determined by the abstracts submitted. Parallel sessions may be added and/or deleted at the discretion of the International Scientific Organising Committee and affected abstracts re-assigned as necessary.
Visit the SCAR 2024 website for all details and further information: https://www.scar2024.org/