Date: 12 September
Time: 12:00 UTC (14:00 CET)
Zoom link: univ-grenoble-alpes-fr.zoom.us/j/94341518809?pwd=MDBUVDh5bDZRSzQzSjkvZUxwaEZsdz09
Meeting ID: 943 4151 8809
Meeting Code: 10957
Topic: CO2 reconstructions across the MPT
As part of the EU Beyond-EPICA Ice Core (BE OI) project, and as co-chairs of the BE OI Climate and Carbon Cycle feedback Consortium, we are organizing a short online seminar series during the autumn 2023.
This seminar series is aiming at providing an update on advances related to paleoclimate reconstructions and simulations across the MPT and to our understanding of this major climatic transition based on proxy records from natural archives and climate modelling efforts.
Given the great interest in these topics for the paleoclimate research community, we are opening this seminar series to the public and invite you to join.
The format of the seminar series is as follows: a seminar will take place once a month between September and December 2023 from 2-3pm CET.
For each seminar, two speakers working on related topics will present their recent studies, and each speaker will give a 20 min talk followed by a 10 min discussion.
Tuesday, September 12th, 2pm CET - Topic: CO2 reconstructions across the MPT
- Masanobu Yamamoto (Hokkaido University): Atmospheric CO2 concentrations over the past 1.5 million years estimated based on leaf wax carbon isotopes from IODP Sites U1446 and new U1445 sediments in the Bay of Bengal.
- Tom Chalk (CEREGE): Continuous records of boron isotope atmospheric CO2 covering the Plio-Pleistocene boundary and the Middle Pleistocene Transition.
Thursday, October 5th, 2pm CET - Topic: Modelling efforts on the MPT
- Matteo Willeit (PIK): An Earth system modelling perspective on the mid-Pleistocene transition.
- Axel Timmerman (Pusan National University): Simulating global climate beyond EPICA.
Tuesday, November 14th, 2pm CET - Topic: Sea surface temperatures across the MPT
- Jeremy Shakun (Boston College): Global and regional temperature change over the last 4.5 My.
- David Hoddell (Univ. Cambridge): Millennial climate variability in the early Pleistocene.
December seminar - Topic: Southern ocean circulation and biogeochemistry across the MPT
- details will follow later
Please contact Emilie Capron via email: email@example.com