Mount Bromo, Java, Indonesia. Image courtesy of num_skyman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The Asia2k regional group was established as part of the PAGES 2k Network, which consisted of nine regional working groups.
It aimed to achieve a better understanding of regional climate variability during the last two millennia in Asia.
Asia2k members were encouraged to be part of the international 2k Network effort by contributing their new published data and collecting more data for Asia regional temperature and precipitation reconstructions.
1) Collection of temperature data according to the 2k Network selection criteria.
2) Collection of precipitation data according to the 2k Network selection criteria.
3) Produce a new 2k multi-proxy spatial temperature reconstruction.
4) Produce a new 2k multi-proxy spatial precipitation reconstruction.
5) Compare reconstructions and model simulations.