INQUA is seeking New INQUA ECR Representatives
Deadline is 10 January 2023.
The ECR Committee foster the involvement of scientists in their early career stage in INQUA activities, networking amongst them and information exchange.
An Early Career Researcher (ECR) is a scientist who has been awarded the last degree (Master, PhD) within the previous eight years. All PhD students are included. The ECR Committee foster the involvement of scientists in their early career stage in INQUA activities, networking amongst them and information exchange. The Committee consists of two Representatives from each of the five INQUA Commissions. ECR Committee shall undertake actions to promote and maintain the reputation of INQUA, as the professional body representing Quaternary science.
What does it mean practically?
The ECR Committee is involved in a number of activities, specifically:
- Maintenance of social media channels to promote Quaternary science and INQUA activities. We have a Twitter account and a Facebook page.
- We are in charge of realizing Quaternary Perspectives, which is published twice a year and carries news of INQUA activities, information on forthcoming meetings and communications from the Quaternary community.
- We are in charge of organizing a joint INQUA-PAGES meeting; a workshop on Past Socio-Environmental Systems (PASES) scheduled for November 2022 in La Serena, Chile. The next INQUA ECR Representatives are expected to organize a workshop (on a different topic, to be decided) during the next inter-congress period.
How to apply for becoming the next ECR Representative?
The application process is super-easy! Download and fill in this form; we just need some information on:
- Academic background
- Participation in INQUA events or activities (if any)
- Expertise (if any)
- A short statement of purpose
Then, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 January 2023.
Following the call by the ECR Committee for nominations, Representatives will be elected by their respective Commissions at the same time as the election of Commission officers, which will happen early in 2023.