LAC Mobility Fellowship
PAGES International Mobility Research Fellowship Program for Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) early-career scientists on past global changes.
The next deadline for new applications is 15 August 2024.
PAGES runs an International Mobility Research Fellowship Program for Latin American and Caribbean early-career scientists on past global changes.
The program aims to contribute to the development of collaborative research and the promotion of paleoscience networks in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The fellowship supports Latin American and Caribbean early-career scientists pursuing international research experience in paleoscience and is intended to support costs associated with international travel and living expenses while abroad (airfares, visas, health/travel insurance, and subsistence costs for the fellow only).
The fellowships will be awarded for a short duration, typically one month. The fellowships will be awarded annually and must be used within 12 months (awardees will have up to 12 months to take up their fellowship once awarded).
Who can apply?
Applications are invited from outstanding early-career scientists from Latin America or Caribbean countries.
The applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
- Early-career scientists – either PhD students in the final stage of completing their thesis, or postdoctoral researchers (usually within five years of completing their degree). We encourage applications from scientists who have not had the opportunity to conduct research abroad.
- Citizens of Latin American or Caribbean countries.
- There are no "target research topics". Rather, the research topics are open – as long as the applicant can show that they are related to PAGES' scope. For example, the topic could be a contribution to one of the PAGES working groups (WG); it could develop (or initiate) the activities of an existing PAGES WG in the region; it could support the participation of the applicant in an existing PAGES WG; or it can be any topic within PAGES' scope.
- Individuals willing to conduct research in different Latin American and Caribbean research institutions, not located in their home country.
- Must secure the agreement of the host researcher/institution, and provide a confirmation letter from the host researcher/institution as a pre-condition for award of the fellowship.
- Demonstrate that fellowship will not last for less than two weeks or for more than four weeks within a 12-month period from the date of award.
Awardees are selected based on the merit and quality of their application, which must include:
a) Completed application form, including:
- Description of proposed research and travel (max. 1000 words). Indicate how the aims and objectives of the fellowship relate to PAGES' scientific scope.
- Project timeline and outcomes (up to 1 month duration).
- Description of the impact of the fellowship on your professional capacity development and its significance to your home institution/ country (max. 200 words).
- Detailed budget in USD.
b) Two letters of recommendation (one from the current academic supervisor at the home institution and one from the supervisor at the host institution).
c) Two-page CV outlining the major academic and professional achievements.
How to apply
The preferred language for applications is English, however applications in Spanish will be accepted.
Please read the application guidelines, terms of reference and eligibility criteria (pages 1-3), and fill out the application form (pages 4-5).
Then send your completed application form to: email@example.com with the subject: "Application PAGES LAC Mobility Fellowship".
Application deadlines are communicated at the top of this page.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Before submitting your application, make sure it is complete with all the requested documents.
After completing the fellowship, fellows must email a final report to PAGES (to be published in the Past Global Changes Magazine) in English.
Contact PAGES for further information or if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org