The call for financial support happens twice per year. The next deadline for applications for financial support for workshops and meetings is 4 March 2024.
This proposal form is for open call workshops/meetings only. It is NOT for workshops being organized by official PAGES working groups. If you are applying on behalf of your PAGES working group, please use the form here.
To be considered for PAGES' support, applications should meet the following criteria:
- Relevance to PAGES' Science Structure
- Open i.e. offering an opportunity for interested colleagues to register or submit an application
- International participation. Please keep in mind travel restrictions when choosing a meeting location and consider alternative ways of participation for those unable to travel, i.e. recording major presentations, having online presentations etc.
- Investigate the possibilities of holding the event as a hybrid meeting (online and in-person element)
- Multi-disciplinary involvement
- Forward thinking
- Aiming to integrate, coordinate, and/or synthesize
- Encouraging the participation of early-career scientists (until ca. 5 years after PhD) and those from developing countries (including BRICS countries).
All applications should be submitted at least six months before the planned event date, to allow for wide promotion to the paleo community. Exceptions will be considered by the Executive Committee.
Applicants must now contact a relevant member of PAGES SSC at least two weeks before this proposal is submitted to advise them of your plans. Applications received without SSC member notification will not be looked upon favorably.
PAGES support for open call workshops/meetings is usually in the order of US$5,000 and never more than US$10,000 per workshop. It is typically allocated to support the travel costs of participants from developing countries or the attendance of international scientists at meetings in developing countries.
Please note: This form will time-out after 1 hour. To avoid loss of data, prepare your proposal offline using this template (MS Word) and then copy-paste text blocks into the form.
Fields marked with * are required.
Background information, objectives, etc.
Name, institution, classify as contacted/confirmed, and identify early-career researchers.
650-word PAGES Magazine workshop report required.
Do you have plans to engage with the wider community/general public via an outreach event before, during or after the meeting? PAGES encourages outreach events to attract wider interest.
For example, how did you consider diversity/ equality/ inclusion in/for participants, speakers, etc.?
Which practical actions do you plan on taking to make your workshop more environmentally sustainable?